Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- Recruitment activities to include posting jobs, sourcing candidates, screening applications, and communicating with applicants to schedule interviews.
- Organizes and attends job fairs, campus events, and other networking opportunities.
- Assist with conducting interviews and making hiring decisions along with HR and Management.
- Handle routine employment-related processing; offers of employment, post-offer testing/screening and then onboarding successful candidates.
- Provides human resources department orientation on company policies and programs; signs up new employees for various programs. Introduces new employee to supervisor and job instructor.
- Assist plant employees with basic questions regarding benefits, training, attendance, etc.
- Maintains employee personnel files in line with company policies and government regulations.
- Maintains plant and office bulletin boards in an up-to-date and legal compliance manner.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with applicable equal employment opportunity (EEO) and related employment laws and regulations.
- Associate degree or at least two years of college, including coursework in human resources management
- Two years of recruiting or human resources experience, required
- Prior experience in a union and manufacturing environment, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Ability to work effectively with employees and managers as well as the ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and employees.
- Must be able to speak, read and write Spanish and English.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is required.
- Computer skills to include MS Office 365
- Ability to take imitative, to maintain confidentiality, and meet deadlines
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.