Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- Provide leadership to maintain safe working conditions, good housekeeping practices, and 100 % environmental compliance.
- Increase process reliability, enhance product quality and improve overall process efficiencies through trial work, experimentation, equipment optimization and training/education.
- Lead group problem solving activities, statistical data analysis activities, and facilitate the establishment of operational best practices.
- Ensure recycled fiber and utility operations are aligned with all other operating areas.
- Assist in coordinating daily production operations focusing on optimization of safety, environmental stewardship, profit, and productivity.
- Lead trouble-shooting and problem-solving efforts through the facilitation of team meetings and on-the-floor leadership to effectively change systems and procedures through the process of continuous improvement.
- Analyze process data to develop optimum operating strategies.
- Provide leadership support to teams and motivate staff to achieve production goals.
- Work on special projects, both engineering and those dealing with changes in the infrastructure of the mill organization.
- Undergraduate degree in Paper Science, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in the paper industry or manufacturing environment. Previous superintendent experience preferred.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time.
- Possession of key competencies including conflict management, business negotiation, organization, analytical skills, and decision-making.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and provide leadership and training to key personnel.
- Ability to work with other departments to achieve GBMD’s visions and strategies by motivating, inspiring and gaining commitment for a course of action that achieves results.
- Understanding of how to manage all aspects of operations (safety, environmental, vendors, production, purchasing, etc).
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels.
- Ability to communicate and educate others on complex process issues and statistical data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with union relations preferred.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.