Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- Work closely with the area production superintendents to execute objectives consistent with GBMD’s vision and strategy
- Lead and develop operational crews in activities around quality and operational improvements by enhancing operational knowledge, and coordinating with maintenance support to improve substandard facilities, and maintain a reliable and sustainable operation
- Direct and coordinate daily production operations focusing on optimization of safety, environmental stewardship, profit, and productivity
- Provide leadership to maintain and improve safe working conditions and maintain good housekeeping practices
- Maintain a positive employee environment through consistent/fair practices and leadership in areas such as employee development, safety, training, and discipline. Administer the Company/Union Labor Agreement
- Perform daily equipment checks and coordinate unplanned downtime for equipment repairs or paper machine fabrics & ropes with various departments: Production, Maintenance, Electrical, Instrumentation, and Engineering
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of all chemical systems
- Undergraduate degree in Paper Science or Chemical Engineering or equivalent mill operation experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience
- Experience in the paper industry or similar experience in a highly automated process manufacturing environment
- Proven record of developing and implementing training within operational crews
- Keen business acumen, combined with strong fiscal awareness and understanding – as it relates to cost control/reduction, particularly in response to immediate and critical operational decisions
- Ability to work with other departments to achieve GBMD’s visions and strategies by motivating, inspiring and gaining commitment for a course of action that achieves results
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels
- Ability to troubleshoot problems to avoid or minimize unscheduled downtime.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.