Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
Our Franksville, WI facility is an industry-leading manufacturer of corrugated containers, and currently seeks an experienced maintenance worker for its third shift that is capable of maintaining all converting and corrugating equipment to minimize downtime.
- Responsible for safely conducting all activities associated with making flexographic inks to minimize downtime.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including practicing safe work habits, maintaining organization, safe food defense and good manufacturing practices.
- Assist operators in attaining the correct ink color and chemistry.
- Adheres to production schedule by pulling correct ink, correct ink quantity, and dies in preparation for upcoming production runs.
- Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality, and service goals.
- Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Monitor non-use of various inks and report to supervisor on a monthly basis. When inks become inactive work-off into black ink or some other color, if possible.
- Perform end-of-month inventories.
- Demonstrate ability to teach others in all ink room and die repair procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to use all aspects of the ink room software program.
- Maintain calibration and use of spectrophotometer, scales, and other measuring devices.
- Initiate purchase orders, receipt and storage of ink bases and coatings, safety equipment, and adhesives.
- Responsible for MSDS online and MSDS book updates.
- Responsible for in-house tooling repairs or contacting appropriate suppliers.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Purchase order log and requisitions, maintenance work orders, and MSDS online system.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
- Complete daily and weekly equipment clean-ups.
- Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Responsible for purging any obsolete die board tooling according to policy.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Candidate must be willing to work all necessary hours and shifts.
The Ink Technician is backed up by the Plate Room Technician &/or designee.
- High school diploma or GED. Candidates are preferred who offer the following: Prior work experience in the corrugated industry &/or 6 months’ experience as an Operator or Assistant.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships with staff and partners.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to successfully work to reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required of this position.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions and shop copy information.
- Ability to read a tape measure and micrometer with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate.
- Ability to apply concepts of high school math.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.