Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- Safety and environmental awareness of actions while performing job functions.
- Perform predictive, corrective, and preventative maintenance including rebuilding pumps, troubleshooting break downs, and installations.
- Perform TIG welding.
- Assist with insulating, running process piping, threaded pipe, air tubing, chemical lines, poly tubing, etc.
- Assist with the installation of electrical equipment including cable trays, pulling cable and wires, running conduit, installing drives and control panels.
- Safely operate trucks and overhead cranes.
- Use computerized work order system and any training required to learn the system.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a maintenance mechanics apprenticeship
- Must be able to perform the job functions including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working with aerial platforms. Candidate must demonstrate good balance and show no impairment due to heights.
- Demonstrate good mechanical ability, manual dexterity and be able to read and comprehend schematics and blueprints.
- Proficient in diagnosing mechanical problems, dismantling mechanical equipment, securing correct parts, repairing and reassembling mechanical equipment including pumps, agitators, conveyors, and gearboxes.
- Must take appropriate courses and perform on-the-job training to gain the skills required by this job.
- Must be willing to be trained and certified in OSHA tank entry procedures.
- Must be available for scheduled or unscheduled overtime call-in work.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.