Effective immediately, the National Motor Freight Traffic Association (NMFTA) mandates that all LTL shippers and receivers have five (5) business days (reduced from 15) to provide notification (verbal or written) of LTL carrier concealed damages. This means that Green Bay Packaging needs to be notified immediately if your shipment has arrived damaged.
Green Bay Packaging Freight Claim Procedure
- Within five (5) days of receipt of the shipment, any concealed damage should be reported to your Green Bay Packaging Sales Representative. Retain the entire package until after a concealed damage inspection report is issued by the carrier.
- All claims must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Copy of the freight bill with notation of damage or shortage. The date, time, and receiver’s name must be included.
- A photograph of damaged goods.
- A copy of the damage inspection report from the carrier.
- If you must refuse delivery due to damage, please follow the same documentation procedures and notify your Sales Representative immediately.
Note – Green Bay Packaging is not responsible for any damage or shortage on collect shipments.
Please contact your representative directly for claims assistance.