Green Bay Packaging Sustainability Goals
- Reduce CO2e greenhouse gas emissions by 20% per ton of production from a 2015 baseline by 2030.
- Conduct annual water risk assessments of our most water-intensive manufacturing operations for opportunities to reduce watershed impacts.
- Reduce waste to landfill across the company manufacturing sites by achieving more than 90% landfill diversion by 2030.
- Increase virgin fiber that is certified to forest management standards through landowner outreach program using baseline year of 2020.
- Safety incident rate 25% better than the annual incident rate for our industry as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Our Sustainable Commitment
At Green Bay Packaging, we integrate sustainable practices to optimize resources and responsibly balance economic, social, and environmental goals in producing quality and innovative products for our customers. Striving for continuous improvement in performance, Green Bay Packaging is committed to the pursuit of sustainable principles that support a responsible and effective stewardship.
Leading the way in environmental responsibility
Long before it became fashionable, Green Bay Packaging was integrating sustainable practices to optimize resources that meet present needs without compromising future resources.
As a commitment to superior performance, components of the sustainable strategy include:
- balancing economic, social responsibility and environmental stewardship
- managing operations in a manner that protects the environment, health and safety of our employees and communities
- striving for continuous improvement in supply chain engagement, material health and sustainability
- systems and operating practices to ensure regulatory compliance and corrective actions
- working proactively with stakeholders: employees, customers and suppliers, to effectively produce quality goods that maintain product guarantee within sustainable systems
Corrugated packaging is sustainable packaging
- 100% recyclable.
- The most recycled form of packaging.
- Sustainable packaging that meets market criteria for performance and cost.
- A renewable and regenerative resource from sustainable forest management and fiber recycling.
- A high degree of stewardship throughout life cycle.
- Optimizing use of virgin fiber and recycled materials that extend life cycle of packaging.
- More than 77% of corrugated containers are recovered for recycling—more than any other packaging material.
Green Bay Packaging puts the GREEN in Packaging
Green Bay Packaging recycles old corrugated containers (OCC) and mixed paper for reuse in the papermaking process for sustainable environmental benefits