Certified to Provide Safe Packaging for Food
Multiple Green Bay Packaging divisions have become BRCGS (Brand Reputation Compliance Global Standards) certified, focusing on food-safe packaging materials. The GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) is a collaboration between the world’s leading food safety experts from retailers, manufacturers, and food service companies. Their mission is to provide quality management systems to ensure confidence in the delivery of safe food to consumers.
Key benefits of Green Bay Packaging’s BRCGS certification include:
- A commitment to food-safe packaging and a quality product.
- Applies hazard analysis and critical control point (HAACP) based food safety programs.
- Reduces liability risks for food safety.
- Protects the brand.
- Provides customers with supply chain transparency and traceability.
- Implements a system to protect product authenticity and eliminate fraudulent packaging.
- Ensures the ability for traceability.
- Manufacturing process audits are conducted to continually verify documentation, labeling, processes, and procedures to meet the requirements.
- Results in greater regulatory compliance.
SQF (Safe Quality Food) is a leading global food safety and quality program recognized by the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative). The program provides independent certification that a supplier’s safety measures and quality management system conform to international and domestic regulations. The SQF certification applies HACCP in eliminating food-quality hazards and ensuring that packaging meets industry and customer standards throughout the supply chain.
AIB International is one of the world’s foremost providers of training and certification programs related to food safety, quality management, process optimization, and avoidance of recalls. As a leader in the industry, AIB is dedicated to helping companies apply the best practices throughout the supply chain, so communities receive high-quality food.